Originally constructed for the 1958 World’s Fair, or Expo 58, this quirky building features nine interconnected spheres measuring 335-feet high. Engineer André Waterkeyn and architects André and Jean Polak modeled it after an iron crystal enlarged 165 billion times to represent faith in scientific progress. Today the interior is home to a museum and several temporary exhibits. Although it’s located in the northern Heysel neighborhood outside of the center, its shiny, stainless steel exterior remains visible from several different viewing points around the Belgian capital.
Photography by: Mimoa
Article by: National Geographic